The latest victim of balconing had spent just a few hours in Palma de Mallorca in the Balearic Islands before he died. The 23-year-old German man had traveled to the island for a vacation with his friends near Palma beach. Like many other young Germans who spend summer in the tourist hub, where restaurants, stores and bars line the seafront, he went out with his friends to have a drink and some fun.
But when he returned on Monday evening, the 23-year-old went to the 12th floor of the hotel he was staying at and, under the effects of a yet-to-be-determined toxic substance, fell from one of the windows in a corridor. He landed in the interior courtyard and died.