DALLAS, Jan. 11, 2016 (hospitalitybusinessnews.com) — Wingstop Inc. today released preliminary unaudited sales results for the full year 2015 and fiscal fourth quarter periods ended December 26, 2015.
Highlights for the fiscal year 2015 as compared to the fiscal year 2014:
- System-wide restaurant count increased 18.7% to 845 worldwide locations, driven by 133 net unit openings
- Domestic same store sales increased 7.9%
- Company-owned restaurant same store sales increased 9.4%
- System-wide sales increased 21.0% to approximately $821 million
- Total revenue is expected to be between $77.6 million and $77.9 million, an increase from our prior guidance of between $76.8 million and $77.2 million.
Highlights for the fiscal fourth quarter 2015 as compared to the fiscal fourth quarter 2014:
- 38 net new system-wide restaurants were opened
- Domestic same store sales increased 5.9%
- Company-owned restaurant store sales increased 9.9%
- System-wide sales increased 19.6% to approximately $218 million
As of December 26, 2015, there were 845 Wingstop restaurants system-wide. This included 786 restaurants in the United States, of which 767 were franchised restaurants and 19 were company-owned. Our international footprint consisted of 59 franchised restaurants across six countries.
President and Chief Executive Officer Charlie Morrison stated, “Unit growth is a critical component of our long-term plan and we are thrilled to have opened 133 net new franchised restaurants in 2015, representing 18.7% unit growth. Our pipeline has never been stronger and stands at 530 domestic development commitments as of year-end. This includes our recently-signed 35 restaurant agreement with Sizzling Platter, which is our largest domestic area development agreement to date. In total, 78% of all restaurants in our pipeline stem from existing Wingstop franchisees who are eager to continue growing and succeeding with our one-of-a-kind brand.”
Morrison concluded, “Based upon our preliminary results, we surpassed our previously raised expectations for domestic same store sales increases of 7.25% to 7.5% with 7.9% domestic same store sales growth in 2015. We have now realized 12 consecutive years of same store sales growth, and over the past four years ended December 26, 2015, domestic same store sales on a stacked basis have risen 44.1%. We have also seen continued growth in our online sales mix, which was 15% of our domestic system-wide sales during the fiscal fourth quarter.”