(Hospitality Business News) December 12, 2010 – – Square is a new system that allows anyone to accept credit cards. Square works with any US-issued credit, debit, pre-paid, or gift card with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo. Perhaps the US only restriction will be a hindrance in some major cities so you should be aware of this.
Square’s card processing fees are:
· 2.75% + 15¢ for swiped transactions
· 3.5% + 15¢ for keyed-in transactions
There are no activation, gateway, monthly, early termination, or hidden fees.
Square can currently be used with the following devises
· iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4
· iPod touch (2nd generation or later)
· Motorola Droid, Droid X
· HTC Nexus One, Droid Incredible, Evo, Desire, Hero (With Android 2.X)
· Samsung Galaxy S Series, Intercept
· LG Ally