● Worldwide operating profit grew 13% prior to foreign currency translation, including +37%
in China and +2% in Yum! Restaurants International (YRI), partially offset by a 9% decline
in the U.S. After a foreign currency benefit of $14 million, worldwide operating profit grew
● Worldwide system sales growth prior to foreign currency translation of +1% including
+15% in China, +1% in YRI, and a 1% decline in the U.S.
● Strong international new unit development continued with 205 new restaurants opened,
including 96 new units in China.
● Worldwide restaurant margin improvement of 0.9 percentage points driven by record
performance in China.
● EPS growth benefited from a 20% decline in interest expense and a lower effective tax