● Worldwide system sales grew 1% prior to foreign currency translation.
● Worldwide revenue declined 4% due to the negative impact from foreign currency translation and refranchising. Excluding these items, revenue increased 5%.
● International development continued at a strong pace with 1,467 new restaurants including a record 509 new units in mainland China and 898 new units in Yum! Restaurants International (YRI).
● Worldwide operating profit grew 9% prior to foreign currency translation, including growth of 23% in China, 5% in YRI and 1% in the U.S. After negative foreign currency translation, worldwide operating profit grew 6%.
● Worldwide restaurant margin improved by 1.7 percentage points driven by China and the U.S.
● EPS growth was negatively impacted by approximately $0.07 per share due to foreign currency translation that was fully offset by lower interest expense and a lower tax rate.
● An industry leader with return on invested capital (ROIC) of 20%.